Links for LGBTQ* people, families and friends
- A 24 hour line that provides information on government and non-profit resources in Calgary.
- A crisis line that provides information and support. Will give access to referrals and counselling services. They are 24 hours and will alert EMS if there is need.
- 403-266-HELP (4357)
- Provides peer support and online chat from 5pm to 10pm on weekdays and noon to 5pm on weekends. The phone number is 24 hours.
- 403-264-8336 (24/7) or text 587-333-2724 (Evenings/Weekends)
Suicide Prevention Line:
- A crisis line for those thinking about suicide or concerned about others who may be thinking about suicide.
- Toll free 24 hour support line
- Trans Lifeline is a non-profit dedicated to the well-being of transgender people. It is a hotline staffed by transgender people for transgender people. The line is primarily for transgender people experiencing a crisis-this includes people who may be struggling with their identity and may not be sure that they are transgender. They welcome the call of any transgender person in need-if you are not sure that you should call, call them.
- 1-877-330-6366 (24/7)
Family Violence Info Line:
- Trained information specialists discuss family abuse with you.
- 403-310-1818 (24 hours)
- Advice, information and support telephone helpline.
- 1-888-456-2323 (24 hours)
Health Link Alberta (811):
- 24 hour nurse telephone advice and health information. Locations of Walk in Clinics or Community Health Centres.
Access Mental Health: