Share your dreams for Scarboro by June 27th:
Scarboro United Church has received some significant legacy donations in the past year, including generous gifts from the estates of Esther Nelson and Doshie Kaumeyer. Some funds from the sale of the church manse might also be available if a compelling mission proposal is made to the Chinook Winds Region of the United Church.
With this in mind, the church Board is seeking ideas from our congregation about how some of these funds could be used to support and enhance the work of the church. While we aren’t talking millions of dollars, it is possible that tens of thousands of dollars may be available for honoraria, staff, programs, capital improvements or technology, to name a few.
Dare to Dream with us! We want to know:
- How could Scarboro United Church invest its financial resources and channel its people power to strengthen our ministries?
- How might our worship experience and educational opportunities be enhanced?
- How might our outreach and support of communities and individuals be expanded?
- Are there further investments that we should make in our building to support these ideas?
- Are there other questions we should ask ourselves?
- How should we choose and set priorities among the suggestions received?
Please let us know your thoughts by June 27. Use the form below or email your ideas to [email protected] - if you prefer to discuss your ideas with someone, please contact the church office and either Craig Ainsworth (Celebrating Our Faith), Mary Axworthy (Stewarding Our Future) or Brie Nelson (Welcoming and Supporting Our Community) will get in touch with you by phone.
We are excited about hearing your ideas and continuing this conversation in the fall!
- The Official Board of Scarboro United Church